- Prep time: 10 minutes
- cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 2
- 2 slices of your favourite bread
- 2 ripe avocados
- A handful of sprouted radish or/and alfalfa
- ½ lemon (optional)
- 240 g cooked chickpeas (or 1 can)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp hot chilli powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato
If you are short on time, this quick lunch will satisfy your empty stomach for a long time due to the protein packed nutty chickpeas. Also awesome for brunch or breakfast.
- Place the cooked chickpeas in a bowl and mix all the spices (olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika, hot chilli powder, salt and pepper) together.
- Heat up some the oil in a pan and add the chickpeas(drained, rinsed, dried). Roast them until little crispy and golden.
- While you toast the bread, mash the avocados, salt it and sprinkle it with lemon juice.
- Put the mashed avocado on the toasted bread, followed by the roasted chickpeas, and sprinkle with radish sprouts, salt and pepper. Serve with basil and a cut tomato on the side.
The Good Stuff: Chickpeas are a good source of fiber, boost digestion, and keep the blood sugar level stable. With its potent package of protein, vitamins and minerals, chickpeas are absolute winners.
Claudia’s Tip: Feel free to add more ingredients like fresh spinach or herbs and a few black olives.